I know many times in life it seems that we are bound to a particular scenario. Life is happening all around us and sometimes it feels like we are going under. While it is important to work through and feel the feelings that life uncovers, we are in control of our view of the world. In most cases, our lives can change completely through a shift of perception. Just imagine navigating emotional pain and disappointment in a way that serves you. It is possible to reprogram your mind to be content.
Here are a few tips for navigating life while staying on top of your game (or relaxing on the couch):
- Examine what is occurring without judgement. Pretend you are looking at a friend’s situation for a removed perspective.
- Seek out the filters that are shaping your thoughts. We all have ego and beliefs, which do not serve us. Be brave enough to discover your filters.
- Sit in your feelings. Exploring your feelings and loving that you feel removes the power of hurt and pain. As a bonus, you gain clarity when you feel your feelings.
- Focus on your goals and dreams. Dwell on the beauty and mysteries of life.
- Turn off your mind when you are tired. If you are anything like me, you can really obsess when you are tired. Make a rule for yourself to only engage in positive activities when you are not at your best. Leave the deep thinking for well rested times.
- Love yourself unconditionally. We all have shortcomings and enormous potential and talent, embrace it.
All the best!