Something I have noticed about myself and others is we are afraid to show weakness. I have to admit I struggle with the fact that my mistakes often have a negative impact on others. Life is hard enough, why add additional suffering to life, for self or others? In the final analysis, however, admitting to and embracing our mistakes/weaknesses/imperfections frees us on a level that nothing else can.
Today, I want to share reasons for being honest about weakness. Of course, if you find yourself in abusive circumstances where showing weakness increases abuse, you need to begin working towards permanent removal from the situation.
- It is impossible to be perfect as a human. Particularly in new situations, you learn as you go along and that is okay!
- Admitting weakness allows others to do the same. So many people want to be okay with being human, just like you.
- Admitting weakness helps prevent mental health disorders from developing.
- You can channel the energy of weakness towards learning. If your weakness bothers you, it is possible to develop a new skill. If you are fine with how you are, you can accept your weakness and move on.
- Being okay with imperfection builds character and shows maturity.
All the best!