Let’s face it, life is busy. We often run from moment to moment, “doing” as opposed to “being”. One might ask, “what’s the big deal with always doing?” Here’s the issue, doing makes the human life more dense. Titles and accolades are nothing more than a balm for low self esteem. In the end, talent and passion over false substance wins every time. The question is, how does one develop more talent and passion? The answer is through relaxation.
Relaxation is a means of channeling reality. Living moment to moment brings in the influence of past and future concerns, behaviors, and events. Relaxation brings in the now which begs the question, why would we want to live in the now? There are many reasons to live in the now. Living in the now removes suffering and unhappiness. It is our memories and beliefs that make the present moment difficult.
There are infinite ways to relax. You can even relax during busy moments. The trick to relaxation is letting go and trusting in your higher self and intuition.
Here are a few ideas for surrendering to a relaxing state of mind:
- Imagine relaxing all of the muscles and and cells in your body.
- Breathe deeply and slowly.
- Imagine you are having the time of your life, even if you are not.
- Perform an activity that is in line with your passion.
- Avoid manipulative behavior.
- Be honest in your dealings with self and others.
All the best!