Our lives and world are busy. At least 40 hours of work combined with getting ready and commuting. Then there is grocery shopping, staying in touch with family and friends, and exploring hobbies. With all of the responsibilities and aspirations on our plates, who has time to be still? I get it, taking a little time for self can feel like a big step back; but hear me out. What if spending some time being still will help streamline your life?
Here are some great reasons to incorporate stillness into your life:
- Gearing down and being still calms the mind. A calm mind is less emotional and more exacting when making and executing plans.
- Stillness allows for reflection. Reflection is useful for finding truth and inspiration.
- Stillness drowns out negative voices. We are our own worst enemies. Taking time out removes the mind clutter that contributes to negative self talk.
- Down time is restorative. Restoration is needed everyday for living a healthy life. Your cells and organs need a break during the day to clean out toxins and produce new, healthy cells.
- Being still allows one to observe beauty. Observing beauty restores hope. It is difficult to not see all of the possibilities ahead when observing beauty.
- Stillness helps you cut out the crap. Yep, I said it. We allow too much crap in our heads and life. Stillness shows us what to keep and what to ditch.
- Stillness breeds creativity. Creativity is the spice of life. Creativity leads to adventure. Creativity brings meaning to life.
All the best!