Before beginning this article, I looked up the definition for success. Unfortunately, none of the meanings I saw conveyed the message I was going for. My definition for success is: reaching your goals, being growth minded, loving yourself, and being empathetic with others. I think it is silly to expect any two people to have the same definition for success. To define success for yourself, you need to decide what is important to you and when you have met those goals, you can say you are “successful”. Additionally, success is an ongoing project. I feel successful today and I also have future goals. The only rule when striving for success is your behavior cannot harm yourself or others.
When reaching for success, it is important to identify what you long for in life. For example: a stable loving home, enough money to be comfortable, adaptive/non-stressful events to keep life interesting (travel, a spa day, and so on), and loving, adaptive relationships. Spend some time thinking about what you would want in life if money/time was not an issue. I do realize that in this moment money and time may be an issue, but that is okay.
Once you have your list of what you want, imagine the feelings you will have when you have reached those goals. It is important to note, the feelings of success should bring about a warm, nurtured feeling. If the feeling gives a bit of a shock and you have to work to accept the new feeling, that is a sign to try something else. Whenever life gets difficult, you are going to visit the feelings of having reached the goals you have set for yourself.
It does seem strange at first to “manipulate” your feelings. However, you are teaching your mind and body to react differently to life and its challenges and doing so brings about amazing results. As I have said in previous posts, the battle is always in the mind. Overcome your mind and you have won 100% of the battle.
Some realities to keep in mind as you move towards success:
- There will still be ups and downs in life. Even when you manifest your new life, unexpected events will happen and there will be twists and turns.
- You will never reach the level of being perfect or all-knowing/all-seeing. Although intuition can play a large role in making smart choices, finding success, and being happy.
- When life’s ups and downs do occur, it is not a reflection of your worth or abilities. Life is not controllable. Nature, other people, and rules and regulations keep life interesting. However, if you practice feeling good no matter what, your brain and body will manufacture those feelings no matter what.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Subjective experience suggests, if you ask life for a large chocolate cake, you will reap 40 inconvenient batches of cupcakes. You make think life is going to take you North but it takes you West. The trick is to move towards the open doors and situations that don’t make your skin crawl.
- Remember to have fun! Every experience is a learning experience and that’s okay. You are okay even though you are not perfect and never will be!
All the best!
Founder of the Unstoppable Man Mindset