Each of us has a light inside. The light we have consists of our unique personality, the way we look at the world, and lessons we have learned throughout life. While we can use our light to create and bring beauty to our own world, sharing our light helps others gain new perspectives and brings greater unity in the world. The light we carry can help others move from a place of darkness to a place of beauty and peace. In my mind, sharing our light is the one way to leave a legacy that exceeds our lifetime. Sharing our light brings greater meaning to our lives and sets us up to achieve more and more.
In this post, I want to spark your imagination and creativity towards ways that you can take your uniqueness and serve others by sharing your light.
- Share where you are led. Do not let fear and doubt shut you down. Manage your energy and make each divinely appointed meeting count.
- Listen to your heart. We all get those nudges that encourage us to do or say something. Even if it seems silly, listen to those nudges and give whatever it is on your heart to give.
- Put yourself “out there”. Write a blog, give speeches, create a YouTube channel, whatever it is that allows you to share your passions and talents with the world. Do not hide under that bushel, put your stuff out into the world; create and connect.
- Don’t dwell on past disappointments. Disappointments are a part of the human journey. Let disappointment be your teacher and then move on to bigger and better things.
- Don’t let the turkeys get you down. As you begin to shine your light, haters will come out of the wood work. Don’t be fooled. Anyone you gives you a hard time is either jealous or not living up to their potential. Love your haters and let them go.
- Try everything. There is no limit, outside of safety, for trying new things. Refuse to limit your thinking and creating ~ try everything.
- Keep doing what you love. When something does not work for you, head in a new direction. You don’t have to keep anything that crushes your spirit. Learn, grow, and only keep doing what you love.
All the best!