On the surface, stress seems like a big, crushing bear, and it is. Stress releases hormones that dull your senses and produces a fight or flight state of mind. Stress that continues over a long period of time can lead to depression among other mental health challenges. The faster and more “stuffed” one’s life is, the greater chance there is of being overwhelmed by stress.
The good news is, one can learn to manage and overcome stress even when multiple stressors are present. It is all a manner of planning, relaxing, and upgrading skillsets. Below are some of my best strategies for acting as opposed to reacting due to stress.
- Write your todos down. A head full of tasks that need doing is a recipe for never ending stress.
- Take on large/multifaceted tasks one piece at a time. Larger tasks/problems will seem overwhelming when examining the destination against the starting point. Break large tasks into bite sized pieces and address those pieces one at a time.
- Enlist your higher self for help. Your higher self is a part of your unconscious mind that is not influenced by human doubts and fears. When something feels overwhelming, ask your higher self for guidance in solving that issue.
- Stop working on an issue when you feel overwhelmed. Sometimes an answer is evading us due to mindset blocks or the need for more time to pass.
- Enjoy the beauty of your life today. Sure, there will always be more life and more to grow through and overcome. Feel the overwhelming thankfulness that comes with being content with who and where you are today.