Spring the time for renewals. The trees and flowers are blooming, baby birds are being born, and heating bills begin to cost less :p. While new years day is for resolutions, spring is a time for renewal. Spring is a great time for ringing in a new, reborn you.
Here are a few tips for renewing your mind, body, and spirit each year. And, by the way, there are no right or wrong answers. Your renewal is yours alone. No looking on anybody else’s paper. Who you are and who you become is as unique as you are.
- Commit to no hurrying. Whether it be growth, education, or living, do not rush. Let your plans and impressions unfold so your actions will be impactful.
- Clear out clutter. Throw away anything in your mind, home, and work spaces that is not currently serving you. Take your time. It is more important that your work is deliberate rather than hurried. Even if you table some tasks for subsequent years, that is okay.
- Survey the larger picture and start with a few items. I personally notice things to a minute detail and so concentrating prevents me from being overwhelmed. I encourage you as well to take stock of all your responsibilities and dreams and only add items you can accomplish without stressing to your life.
- Say no to things that insult your soul. There are hundreds of variations and situations for saying no. Pro tip: Say no in a way that does not cause stress and anxiety. I will blog more on this topic in the future.
- Sit out in nature and think on how little nature and its creatures work to be something they are not. Challenge yourself to do the same in your life and visit nature as often as you need to for the map.
- Mind your business. Yes, if other people lived up to our expectations, our lives would be easier. The thing is, you are living on earth to grow. Each obstacle and difficulty in life is presented so you can go inward and grow.
- Engage in activities that feed your soul. You are beautiful, unique, and wonderful. Engage in activities that leave you shining and share that light with the world.
All the best!