Start to believe in yourself and people will come out of the woodwork to insult you and try to take you down a peg. It’s not that these people are bad; they just are more comfortable with the status quo being maintained. Insult is not a tool of constructive criticism. Insult is an action launched to cause you to doubt yourself while making others feel powerful. The truth of the matter is you simply can refuse to be insulted and learn to let insult roll off your back.
Here are some ideas for using insult as a tool for growth:
- Embrace the feelings when you feel insulted. Many times, we try to clam up and not feel, which makes insult powerful. Seek instead to embrace the fear and misgivings that come up when you are insulted.
- Think about what the insulter must be feeling when they try to put you down. Insecure people behave insecurely, thus the insulting behaviors and comments.
- Refuse to accept the energy of insult. Insult comes from a place of low vibration; and you have no need to go there.
- Love the insulter anyway. The best thing you can do for a person who exists in a low vibrational space is send them love and happy vibes. You do not need to return negative energy. Keeping your energy positive is where your power lies.
- Imagine insults as a loving act from another person. A person who insults you is a person who insults him/herself. It is most likely that the insulter is treating you just like they are treating themselves; and there is no higher compliment.
- Limit your interactions with insulter. People have to seek out a desire to change and will only learn to operate at a higher vibration when they chose to. There is no need to pollute your days with negative energy. Love yourself enough to surround yourself with people who lift you up!
All the best!