Every one of us wants to be successful, achieve our highest goals, feel fulfilled. In the bigger picture, it all seems so easy; of course, we can choose our thoughts and feelings and steer ourselves to success. Then life steps in. People, places, and the past seem to creep in. We doubt ourselves. Life seems to be weighing us down and destroying our ability for happiness.
On the other hand, there are those of us who navigate life and all its disappointments with a glimmer of hope. We slip and fall, wallow in the mud, and give up hundreds of times. Somehow, we are able to turn the bad around into good. Our pain becomes our strength. We hone our intuition into a lethal weapon. It is in the place of pure reality and truth that we rise and become greater than ever.
One of the secrets of the strength to rise is positive self talk. Positive self talk is a fundamental building block of resilience and success. You see, your thoughts determine your feelings and actions.
Today, I want to share with you some suggestions for building positive self talk in daily life. This change may seem too small to matter, but I promise you, if you change your self talk, all of your life will change. Positive self talk will help you: lose weight, be more successful at your job, make you a better parent, snag yourself that promotion/relationship, grant you the keys for any dream you have.
- Negative thought stopping. Yep, we all feel low and deserving of the worst at times. The truth is, no one deserves the worst. Every one of us deserves the best. When you notice a negative thought, stop the thought, love the thought, and let the thought drift away.
- View yourself with love. You are loved abundantly more than you realize. It is the human state that makes love feel impossible. When things are not going your way or you feel like your fingers are all thumbs, realize what a magnificent individual you are behind all that humanness. The pursuit of perfection is for the weak. Love yourself flaws and all.
- Know change happens in phases. Depending on where you are beginning, know change does not happen overnight. When I began to change, I felt pretty low. Over time, I learned that many people are beginning to change from a place that was even lower than I had been. It’s okay. Just start somewhere and grow without judging yourself.
- Drop people who bring you down like a bad habit. People who want to level you will not change. The difficult people in life appear to teach you lessons. The goal is to get to a place where the BS of others becomes intolerable noise.
- Let go of absolutes. Work to avoid the extremes of all situations. There are no true shoulds and shouldn’ts in life. Life is actually made up of decisions that serve your best interests and decisions that don’t. Even if you make a poor decision, there will be an opportunity to make better decisions.
- Judge self sabotage for what it is. There is a feeling that occurs when you are about to screw the pooch (so to speak). Listen to the toxicity self sabotage is and move away from it. Dumbing yourself down for anyone is never going to make you happy.
Want to know more? Contact Me to schedule a breakthrough call and get help busting through negative self talk.
All the best!