Adversity is a stressful part of human life. In many cases, we allow adversity to cause stress and close ourselves up from the world. I wonder how much further we would get by opening our hearts and minds to adversity. Adversity teaches us far more than peacefulness. In this post, I want to offer some suggestions around allowing adversity to be your friend and partner in this life.
- Train your mind to see adversity as a way to grow. I believe our mandate as humans is to grow as much as possible. Adversity only causes stress if we let it.
- Be kind to yourself while you are growing. If anger springs up and you turn the anger against yourself, you make the process of growth uncomfortable and defeating.
- Keeping yourself open allows others to love and support you. Allowing adversity to bring supportive people into your life is another win that will pay off over a lifetime. If you also offer support to your support system, you will create a life time of good vibes that will circulate through your relationships.
- Think of times in the past that you made it through adversity and came out a stronger person. Now, make a list of 5 or 10 benefits that adversity has shown you in the past. Keep the list handy for review the next time you are struggling.
- Spend time meditating, relaxing, and recharging. While you are living life and giving to others make certain your cup is also filled.
- Surrender to the challenges in life rather than fighting them. Look for the gold in the challenge, it’s there.
- Get comfortable with not knowing. Can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel; that is okay. Just rest in the not knowing and know the universe has your back. Mother earth is rocking you in her arms and you are safe.
All the best!