Wouldn’t it be nice if life was relatively calm and smooth without too many surprises? I could certainly use fewer challenges. The truth is that no matter who you are or what you do, life is not always easy. Some people are required to overcome challenge after challenge, which makes the endeavor to maintain adaptive behavior difficult. It is said that we choose our circumstances before we are born so we may learn the lessons required for soul growth.
No matter your circumstances, beliefs, or past, in order to live in abundance, you have to change your mindset, self talk, beliefs, and relationships. It may seem an impossible task, undertaking a complete life makeover while you continue to face even more of life’s challenges. The way to be successful/unstoppable is to be resilient. Being resilient means you can quickly bounce back from difficult circumstances. Experience suggests that when you start out, change will be an uphill battle, but as you heal more and more of your wounds, resilience will become easier.
Here are a few ways to develop and maintain resilience in day to day life.
- Trust your instincts. If something feels intrusive, dishonest, loaded, and so on, it probably is. Don’t put yourself in situations that do not feel right from the start.
- Get to know others before you trust them. Manipulators in particular front an amazing game. It is not until later you learn that they greatly lack character. Relationships with the character disturbed are very painful – don’t trust anyone early on.
- Use positive self talk. Simply refuse to call yourself names or feel bad about yourself. No human being is called to be perfect. Work to do no harm to self and others and do not let anyone steal your self worth or joy.
- Know that your are worthy of abundance. Many times interactions with others convince us that we are not worthy of abundance. The thing is that everyone is worthy of abundance. Only people with low self esteem believe otherwise.
- Feel your feelings. Feelings offer information about what is going on internally. Deal with your uncomfortable feelings and refuse to remain in situations that leave you feeling unlovable.
- Ask for unbiased assistance/information. While everyone can offer suggestions, not all suggestions lead to adaptive behaviors. Make sure to seek out people who have experience with recognizing the difference between adaptive and maladaptive behavior.
All the best!