Gratitude is a key component of success. A thankful heart is open and trusting. New experiences come into our lives when we are open to them.
A gratitude list is a great daily exercise for acknowledging the wonderful things in your life and the wonderful things you are looking forward to receiving.
While it is good to make a gratitude list daily, it is more important to make a gratitude list when you are riding the struggle bus.
Here are some tips for making a gratitude list.
- Begin statements with phrases like, “Thank you for” or “I am so thankful for”.
- Be specific. The more detail you can give, the better.
- Try to include yourself as someone you are thankful for ~ AT LEAST once in a while.
- Turn your desires into a gratitude statement as in, “Thank you for the $10/hr raise I receive on March, 1, 20xx.
- Let yourself experience the feelings of joy that go along with each thing you are grateful for.
- When you begin to dwell on negative things, train your mind to switch to expressing gratitude mode.
All the best!