Doing seems to be the currency most used in today’s world. Plan more, be more, “do” more. Certainly, to some degree, we must do. Lying bed bed day after day is not practical. At the same time, not slowing down can slow progress in life. Sounds counterintuitive, I know; but hear me out.
I will share that I have been a chronic doer my entire life. The thing is, doing will block you from processing feelings, seeing truth for what it is, and listening to intuition. Remaining in a state of being takes more discipline and surrender than doing ever will.
Here are a few reasons that a state of being will benefit you.
- You will hear and move towards your purpose.
- The truth of life and what is going on around you will be revealed to you.
- The answers you seek will come to you in quiet moments.
- Situations you need to resolve and work through will become apparent in your quiet time.
- In many cases, all of your doing is actually masking feelings you need to work through.
- Calm and peace is born of being.
All the best!