I don’t know about you all, but 2019 is my year for audacious change! On the outside, perhaps it seems that I am one of those people who make New Years Resolutions, but I’m not. I have been manifesting a new life since February 2018. And the manifestation has worked! All of the success and mindset change I have been asking for has come my way! What changes have I manifested you ask? I have manifested career, life, and relationship changes. I have to confess that on more than a few occasions, it seemed that my life might never change. And now, here I am in almost 2019 living my new life! So how is it possible to become and remain motivated you ask?! Great question!
Here are some transforming ways to find and keep motivation:
- Find your passion – when you find the thing that you most love and can crusade around it, you become enabled to show up daily. How do you find your passion? Work with a coach, uncover your values, find that thing that makes you happy and you can engage in on a daily basis, read and complete a workbook such as: What Color is Your Parachute? Master Tip: if you have a hobby you enjoy, keeping that activity as a hobby is a good plan!
- Use affirmations – affirmations help you move to a different mindset. Did you know that everything you believe, think, and feel resides in your mind? The book Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl is a great place to learn about how using the mind to stay in a positive space works for one’s benefit. Affirmations that begin with “I am so thankful that” are really powerful. Remember to read those affirmations twice per day (about 12 hours apart) and any time you feel stuck or discouraged.
- Vision board – A vision board is your vision of how life should be. I like the Mind Movies tool (Google the search term, “mind movies”) because you can combine pictures and affirmations. Of course you can utilize a foam board, poster, computer or phone app, really anything you can attach pictures of your ideal life to. Take this moment to let your creativity show through – no holds barred.
- Find Your Tribe – There are people like you out there. No matter your situation, other people just like you are out there and will motivate and encourage you. Find your favorite way to meet up. Meetups, FB Groups, Instagram, Traveling, Cruises, Support Groups, Acting Classes. Try different avenues for meeting others and see which ones stick. They don’t all have to stick. Once you find the right one(s) for you, your tribe will be a source of inspiration and encouragement and you can exit the ones that aren’t.
- Feel your feelings – if you stuff your feelings, you can’t move forward. You have to get those old tapes out of your head. The best way to prepare yourself for change is to feel and process your feelings. Sit with your disappointment. Sit until the feeling dissipates. Cry if you need to. Accept that life has disappointments and that is okay. Disappointment is not a sign of failure. Feelings are a positive sign that you are a flawed human. And the flawed human state is the best state to be in. Your new life is unfolding as you read this.
In closing, 2019 is your year! Begin manifesting what you want. If you do not start out now, then when will you? Become Unstoppable! I would love to hear how it turns out!
Founder of the Unstoppable Man Mindset