Mental fatigue, the great barrier of creativity and rational thought. Pile on a few difficult situations combined with past wounds and life responsibilities and your mind will become fatigued. On the flip side, however, mental fatigue is a gift. When one’s mind refuses to act, there are good reasons behind the fatigue of the mind. Today, I am going to share some ways to harness and combat mental fatigue.
- When mental fatigue appears, drop to only essential activity. Take a sick day, delegate tasks, push out a deadline, do whatever you can to make room for relaxation and processing.
- Find a relaxing place and bask in the silence and duty free space. Take in the relaxing sights and smells. Sip a non-alcoholic beverage that soothes you ~ I rather like herbal tea.
- Journal. Sort through difficult, angry feelings that surface.
- Identify negative areas of your life and meditate on the intention to clear those negative areas.
- Play like a child. Go to the beach or river. Skip stones. Laugh and play in a pool of water. Run in the park. Twirl around with your arms out.
- Think about what your dream life would look like.
- Engage in a visualization meditation or take part in yoga.
- Focus on doing things that make you feel loved and valued.
All the best!