Life is inherently stressful. Throughout life, new circumstances and challenges frequently present themselves. When one too many challenges occur at a time, we can feel like a person stuck in a riptide with nowhere to go. Thoughts of being pulled under drag you down and then your happiness and positive state of mind disappear.
The thing is, we are never actually caught anywhere. Our thoughts and neuronal processes are a collection of learned responses. Ultimately, it is up to us to unlearn our typical response and step into something more.
Here are some suggestions for moving past the feeling of being caught and using difficulty to step into your power.
- Breathe. You need to stop the swimming in your head and the feeling of being helpless.
- Take stock of the moment. What is actually going on in the moment versus what you may be perceiving. There is actually no good or bad in terms of behaviors and outcomes. We can chose what to perceive and make choices that best serve our health and well being.
- Review your paradigm. One’s belief systems determine viewpoint. Let go of the rhetoric and automatic thinking ~ neither one serve you.
- Let labels go. No standard label is required for any situation. Let moments of life flow in. Observe each moment in an unattached way and let the moment flow forward and past you.
- Focus on strength. You are 100% strong from head to toe. Let challenging moments lead you to your strength.
- Recite positive affirmations. You are a king/queen. You are worthy. You are successful in all things.
- Step into your power. When you let go of belief systems, “have tos”, and pleasing others; you are left with your power, uniqueness, and independence.
All the best,