In a world of shoulds and coulds, it is easy to lose your way in life. Unfortunately, relying on tradition and the experiences of others leaves you spinning in a continuous circle. In order to find success in life, you have to shut down the rhetoric of others and live from your center. The person you are is completely different from the person others are. Only through following your true north will you find the path that fulfills you.
In the end, the only commitment that matters is your commitment to yourself. Commitment to yourself is going to manifest your best life. If you have spent many years doing what’s right for everyone else, your journey will be longer. The good news is, however, once you commit to yourself, you will never want anything else.
Here a few glimpses into what committing to yourself looks like:
- Listen to your inner voice. If a situation feels insulting to you, the situation is not for you.
- Stop pressuring yourself. Rather than force yourself to “love others, be kind, make the first move”, and so on, let your life flow. Work to be centered and listen to your intuition.
- Connect with the feelings of your dream life and live from there. Making choices from a larger mindset will propel you forward.
- Do not get caught up in the fears of others. Sure, everyone has an opinion, but your life has nothing to do with opinions. Trust yourself, see the love that comes from the concern of others, and move forward.
- View obstacles as opportunities for growth. Difficulties in your life show areas for growth. Embrace your weaknesses and ask the universe for guidance in growing. Let obstacles open you up rather than close you down.
- Be cool with your weirdness. Every person is different and your differences are where your power lies.
- Take continuous leaps of faith. Live outside of your comfort zone. You intuitively know the next right step. Go for it!
All the best!