Fail to plan and you plan to fail. Goals are the lifeblood of an amazing life. While you can hope and dream your life away, goals will guide you to a particular destination. Pro tip: When setting goals, begin with the end in mind. Know where you want to be when you reach the goal. Planning for the end will give you a target to aim for.
- Career goals. No matter what you want to build your career on, planning for your career will help you decide on an education program to select, where to live, and who to select as a mentor.
- Relationship goals. A happy home life is going to set you up for success. What do you want your home life to look like and what changes will need to be made to get there?
- Retirement goals. When would you like to retire and what do you want your retirement to look like? Do you need to begin to set up your retirement today or will you work until you cannot anymore? What types of experiences do you want to enjoy in retirement?
- Self care goals. Self care is the path to greatness. Decide what self care looks like to you and work towards maintaining self care. Self care should at least include grooming, mental health, nutrition, and exercise.
- Lifestyle goals. How large do you need/want to live? Do you want to travel the world on someone else’s dime? Where is your perfect house located?
- Family goals. Is extended family part of your life? Do you take family vacations? Do you have family game nights? What fun things do you do as a family? What methods do you use to teach your kids about responsibility and money?
All the best!