No big introduction here. Today, the goal is to share new ideas for stress relief. As a “mindset coach”, overcomer, and holder of psychology degrees, my goal is to help others discover their inner strength and best life. In truth, stress is an unnecessary part of life. Yes, you read that right. Stress is simply not a necessary part of life. As such, I want to spur you onwards towards finding your sweet spot and rising up as the unique, significant person you are; without stepping on others.
So, when you feel stress getting the best of you:
- Completely stop what you are doing. Feeling stressed is your body’s way of saying – no more please.
- Think about something else. Yep, change the subject matter of your activities and thoughts.
- Shift gears and focus on a new task. Move on to something unrelated to what you are doing in the stressful moment. Get some water, wash your face, read a story that makes you smile.
- Lie down for 5 minutes. Lie down and feel the sensations of being completely still and having no responsibilities in the moment.
- Get some sun. The sun is a healing force. While a sunburn is NOT the goal, soaking in a bit of that natural, unassuming force is.
Already thought of some of these? Great! Comment and list some of your tips.
We are all in life together and we are here to support and love one another.
All the best!