If you are going to really live your life, your goals have to progress. Stagnation is a recipe for an unhappy life. The more your goals progress, the greater your success will be. The full lives we imagine in our dreams are born of progressive goal setting.
Today, I am going to share 5 steps towards more progressive goals. Dedicating yourself to progressive goals is a marathon and not for the weak. Progressive goals are the recipe for happiness in life.
- Imagine the life you want from a big picture. What your life looks like, where you live, what businesses are you involved in, who you share your life with, what your life looks like day to day.
- Live your life as if you are already living your dream life. It is the excitement and passion from your dream life that will carry you forward.
- Find a mentor that will help you work through your baggage. A mentor with a masters level counseling degree will be able to use researched techniques and skills to help you remove the things that weigh you down. It is your baggage, not life circumstances, that will hinder your success.
- Break your goals down into small chunks. Life will help you move towards success but you will have to grow.
- Revisit your goals as you grow and adjust as life reveals itself to you. Life will move bad situations and ideas out of your way. When the view and roadmap changes, adjustments will be necessary but welcome.
All the best!