The idea of success is a well versed topic in our world. Everyday, we are presented with images of the success of others. Additionally, we are encouraged to be successful by friends and family members. Success leads to providing well for self and family, the ability to receive good health care, and access to learning and other expressions of self actualization. The challenge is, overcoming the fear of success.
Today, I am going to share 5 steps for overcoming the fear of success.
- Move past what others think. Announce you want to be successful and you will learn who your true friends are. In the quest for success, you are likely to lose people who are in your life to hold you back. The good news is, you only have to answer for yourself. Decide to move towards your passion and you will find the people in life who will support your cause.
- Learn to sell yourself. Perhaps, you have a great idea, but don’t know how to present it. The good news is skills can be executed in unlimited ways. The key is to learn what product/service people need and find ways to fulfill that need.
- Engage in growth. Everyone is where they are today because of their choices and habits. If you want to move to a new place, the universe will support you. The cost of doing something new is you have to develop new skills and habits, which can be scary. The good news is, as you continue on the path to growth, the fear of growth will decrease as you move further along your path.
- Make time for something new. If you are aiming for success, chances are you already have a full life. You will have to prioritize and clear out the clutter to give yourself time to and for change.
- Envision yourself as successful. Everything you need to reach success won’t be evident all at once. Envision the success you dream of and the tools will come with time.
All the best!