Relaxation is important. Relaxation restores, centers, calms, and makes life manageable. A good practice of relaxation keeps you at the top of your game and strengthens your intuition.
We train our bodies how to interact with the world. If we tell ourselves something is hard and choose to tense up, our bodies learn to become tense automatically when difficulty presents itself. In order to change our lives, find abundance, and achieve success, we must reteach our bodies. We must tell our bodies that we do not need to tense up when life gets hard, but rather relax. The best times to relax are when we get tense, frustrated, and angry. By retraining our bodies, we invite the possibility of calmness and peace.
Here are 5 ways to relax when life becomes stressful:
- Deep Breathing. Deep breathing is the act of filling your diaphragm with air and then slowly blowing it out. Practice breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth, with pursed lips.
- Closing Your Eyes. Sometimes just closing your eyes can bring on the relaxation you need. Closing your eyes gives your mind a break and helps you recenter.
- Stopping Your Mind. Although some processing will always be going on in your mind, it is possible to stop intrusive, worrying thoughts. Write your thoughts down if you need to and then allow troubling thoughts to float away.
- Listening to Affirmations. Affirmations are a great way to reset your belief system. All of us are worthy to have amazing lives. We are powerful and deserve success. There is no need to harm others so we can be successful. Everyone on this planet was born with a specific purpose.
- Sitting in Nature. This is my favorite way to relax. When you sit in nature, listen to the sounds, breathe in the scents, feel the wind and sun, and let your body dissolve into the grandness of nature. Think about how nature demonstrates the non-need for humans to be in control. Everything is as it should be. It is okay to relax and be yourself.
Happy, peaceful life to you!
Learn more here.