The phrase “love yourself” could almost be cliche on the surface. Loving yourself on a surface level, is almost as good as enjoying a decadent meal. It is a great idea in the short term, but without continued practice, and depth, all other efforts pale in comparison. In the long term, the only way to bring peace to the world and enjoy the fruits of your efforts is to live from self love.
Today, I want to share 5 benefits of self love.
- The ability to love others. You can only love others as much as you love yourself. Even the best of intentions will fall short if you cannot treat yourself with the love and respect you deserve. You cannot give more to others than you give to yourself.
- Become manipulation proof. People who thrive on hurting others will have no power over you if you love yourself.
- Step into abundance. An abundant life is the reward for self love. When you overcome the empty promises of effort and step into the depth of self love, abundance will follow.
- Live from a center of truth. We all have the niggle inside that directs us towards truth. Listen to that niggle and walk in truth. A life lived in truth is a life you do not have to hide from.
- Be your best self. When you practice self love, you will be your best self. Your best self gently guides you towards rest, exercise, healthy eating, success at your job, and so much more. When in doubt, chose you and you will in turn teach others to chose them.
All the best!