We all want others to treat us well. When we are treated poorly by others, the negative treatment hurts.
What if I told you that we determine how others treat us? Others can only treat us as well as we set ourselves up for.
Today, I want to share 10 ways you can influence the way you are treated by others.
- Take great care of yourself. Get plenty of sleep and exercise and work to eat a handful of healthy meals each week.
- Avoid involvement with people who suck your time and energy. No need to be have your energy zapped by people who cannot give and take.
- Go easy on yourself for less than successful efforts and mistakes. Everything is clearer in hindsight.
- Begin a daily meditation practice. Spend some time being in the present with a clear mind.
- Journal your feelings. When life piles up on us, the overwhelm can lower our defenses. Journaling helps you get the stuff blocking your mind and emotions out so you can show up for life at 100%.
- Set boundaries with difficult people. You can be cordial, but allowing them to walk all over you invites them to do it again and again.
- Surround yourself with people who support you. Supportive people are going to help you keep a positive outlook in life.
- Keep a list of affirmations handy to keep your spirits up.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Life is a roller coaster; bad situations are rarely permanent.
- Give the love you have in your heart to yourself. You are in a unique position to love yourself like no one else.
All the best!