As we move from childhood to adult life, responsibilities become more serious. Our days become full with personal and professional todos. Inherently, adulthood can seem like a never ending flow of responsibilities. The challenge with being an adult is we need downtime to help our minds and bodies reset. One great way to regain your mojo is to have fun. When you can allow yourself to play like a person with no responsibilities, you remind yourself of the joys of life. A person who can see life from a positive vantage point can accomplish anything.
Today, I want to encourage you to have fun each day and offer some ideas to help you craft your own ways to have fun.
- Set aside some time to leave all your responsibilities behind. In the space of no responsibility, draw; create; laugh and sing; do whatever leaves you feeling free. If letting go of responsibilities feels like too much, begin with one minute and work your way up to longer intervals of time.
- Give yourself a periodic vacation. Even if you have to stay home. During the vacation, treat yourself to things you do not usually treat yourself to. Binge watch your favorite show, purchase and plant those flowers you’ve had your eye on, play video games, anything that you save for a special occasion – now is the time.
- Spend time with children. Kids see the world in an entirely different way. Watching children’s shows can also help you find your inner child.
- Turn on some music that makes you want to move your body.
- Watch a comedian that keeps the laughs coming.
- Play with the family dog.
- Relax in some water – pool or tub.
- Safely visit some sight seeing places in your area.
- Chat with a friend who brightens your day.
- Make choices that make your daily life interesting and fun.
All the best!